Thursday 17 May 2012

True Reflection


As individuals we sometimes cast doubt on ourselves, in our abilities and on our appearances. Despite being assured that we are most likely delusional to have such doubts, we still cling to our insecurities and refuse to let go.

We judge ourselves before we are criticized by others and this lessens our self confidence.


This is a way of saying it is okay to believe in ourselves and recognize that we are all beautiful in our own way, despite what anyone might say.


True Reflection


The shining surface with a blinding light
Struggles to echo what’s perceived in your mind
Trying to show the truth behind those judging eyes
But thoughts clouded the truth and you see the lies
Beauty unseen, ugliness is what you choose to believe
But just turn around, if only you could see what I see

You twist and twirl according to what you think they need
Stressing the surface to give you the image conceived
Mind play tricks but yours is the master,
And fails to show the beauty that you perpetually run after
It always there, my eyes can’t help but feast,
On the irrevocable splendor, if you could only see through me

Reflections are hard the mirror told me so
The truth can’t be told if we believe we already know
Stop looking at the surface it strongly differs you see
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, just ask me
Your smile, those eyes, such wonder in one being
Just turn around, if only you could see what I see

Ask me a question, I’ll tell you no lies
You are so beautiful, there’s nothing more to decide
Don’t let the world’s perception dampen your confidence and pride
Love who you are as much as I love you
Don’t wear out the mirror, questioning who are the fairest few
You are so beautiful to me, now do you see the way I do
                 
                                                                        Sherika Harris

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What's your view? Share a comment !